ReNew: Resourcing Pastors for Ministry
February 6-7 at Canadian Mennonite University
500 years after the Reformation and sola Scriptura, how might the church (re)claim the Bible as the centre of its life, so that all its conversation, deliberation and programs are continually reoriented to its demands and promises?
How does Scripture exercise its authority? How might the Bible become alive and vibrant among us, deepening our spiritual and ethical lives? How might coming to Scripture become a joy rather than a task?
This two-day conference breaks down into two main focuses: Wrestling with Scripture (Day 1) & Teaching and Preaching Scripture (Day 2). Highlights for each day are Delighting in Scripture: A Festival – three scheduled 45 minute drop-in sessions (Day 1), and a half-day Preaching Clinic led by Meghan Good, The Word Wore Red: Reimagining Biblical Teaching for the 21st Century World.
- Tim Geddert (Professor of New Testament , Fresno Pacific University)
- Meghan Good (Teaching Pastor, Trinity Mennonite Church, Glendale, Arizona)
- Gerald Gerbrandt (President Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Bible, CMU)
- $175 if paid by January 29th
- $190 when paid after January 29th
- $75 when solely registering for the preaching clinic (Day 2)