Manager, Executive Projects
Canadian Council of Christian Charities
If you or someone you know has a passion for the mission that Christ gave His Church and a desire to use research, strategic thinking, and writing skills to further that mission, learn more here.
Administrative Assistant/Communications Coordinator
Mennonite Church British Columbia (Abbotsford/Remote)
18 hours/week | Contract
Are you creative, gifted and trained in the area of Communications? Are you interested in administrative work? Do you enjoy working as a team? MCBC is seeking to fill the Administrative/Communications Coordinator position beginning April 2, 2018. This is a 18 hour/week contract position and remuneration will commensurate with experience. Most of this work can be done remotely with the exception for regular staff meetings.
To apply, please email your resume to Janette Thiessen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the full job description: MCBC Administrative Assistant/Communications Coordinator Job Description
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Mennonite Church Canada (Winnipeg office)
Applications for the position of Executive Assistant to the Executive Director for Mennonite Church Canada are open now and will be considered until a suitable candidate is found. The start date will be arranged with the suitable candidate, as soon as possible.
The purpose of this full-time position is to provide executive assistance to the Executive Minister of Mennonite Church Canada.
Key duties include:
1. Assist the Executive Minister in carrying out his or her responsibilities. (40%)
- Respond to and monitor phone calls, emails, and mail
- Respond to inquiries when the Executive Minister is unavailable
- Represent the Executive Minister in internal and external meetings as needed.
- Help prepare and monitor budgets and expenditures as they relate to the Joint Council
- Oversee adequate acknowledgement of donations
- Record minutes at meetings as requested
2. Provide administrative support to the Executive Staff Group (ESG) and Joint Council. (40%)
- Prepare and distribute dockets, reports, letters, and minutes
- Maintain mailing lists
- Coordinate and ensure follow-up of ESG and Board/Council decisions
3. Provide office management oversight. (15%)
- Over see the day to day running of the office
- Other duties as required
4. Work on financial trends and charitable giving for generosity report (biennially – opposite years). (5%)
- Analyze and clean up Revenue Canada data
- provide financial analysis of data
- generate graphs and charts for generosity report
- other duties as required
As Executive Assistant to the Executive Director, Mennonite Church Canada expects the following:
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Initiative and creativity in providing organizational and administrative assistance
- Attention to detail
- Self motivation and ability to manage time and work unsupervised
- Experience with financial analysis
- Experience with BlackBaud – (Raisers Edge) an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability to learn and use new technology – experience with or ability to learn database management and software essential
- Thrives with new challenges
Mennonite Church Canada expects all staff to exhibit a commitment to:
- A personal faith in Christ as Saviour and Lord;
- Being active in a local congregation that is a member of MC Canada;
- Upholding the Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective;
- Being committed to the vision of MC Canada as a missional church;
- Adhering to the Personnel Policies of MC Canada;
- Being energetic, creative and capable of multi-tasking;
- Working well with others as a team worker.
Level 7 ($42,804 -51,071)
If interested, please contact the Mennonite Church Canada office:
By email: email@example.com
By phone: (204) 888-6781 or toll-free: 1-866-888-6785
By mail: 600 Shaftesbury Blvd.
Rosthern Junior College
Rosthern Junior College is a vibrant and energetic Christian school community guided and anchored by several integral truths; that RJC is a community of place, mind and heart, relationships and grace, and memory. RJC invites you to submit your application for the Principal position to start August 2018 in preparation for the school year ahead.
The Principal and staff must be receptive and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards the individual, family and community, and are expected to profess a living faith in Jesus Christ, being active members of a Christian church.
The Principal reports to and works in conjunction with the Board of Directors and has the overall responsibility for all aspects of the administration of RJC, which include:
- Establishing a vision for Christian education in an Anabaptist tradition in the 21st Century
- Representing the vision and needs of RJC to the church constituency and wider community
- Seeking support from the church constituency and wider community
- Curriculum development and implementation of educational and residence program
- Building and maintaining a vision, direction and focus on student learning
- Supervision of all teaching, facility and administration staff
- Overall fiscal planning and overseeing the day-to-day financial management of the school.
If interested please submit your application to Rosthern Junior College, Attention Tammy Forrester, Board Chair, by March 1st, 2018.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: 410 6th Ave Rosthern, SK S0K 3R0
For further details and clarification contact Tammy Forrester at 306-260-7765
First United Mennonite Church
Part-time | Flexible hours
First United Mennonite Church (FUMC) in Vancouver is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This part-time position will require 15-18 flexible hours per week. The successful candidate will have good communication skills and be an important part of our team. Computer skills are essential with working knowledge of Word and Excel. The ability to update Google calendar, the church website, and use Microsoft Publisher are required. Good interpersonal skills, effective time management, and the ability to troubleshoot are essential. This position is available in January 2018. Please send a cover letter and resume to Karen Thiessen [Katrinachen100@gmail.com] if you wish to be considered for this position.
Allegheny Conference of Mennonite Church USA
Twelve-Month Volunteer Commitment
The International Guest House of Washington DC is looking for twelve-month host volunteers beginning April 2018. Rotating duties include cleaning, maintenance, baking, gardening, and interacting with guests at breakfast & evening tea. The three-pronged focus for volunteers is on hospitality to guests, being in community with one another, and your own personal time exploring our historic city. Please contact Sara Fretz-Goering [email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org] for more information regarding this opportunity.
Legacy Giving Coordinator
Mennonite Church British Columbia
Volunteer Position | Flexible Hours
Mennonite Church British Columbia [MCBC] is looking for a committed, self-motivated individual interested in connecting with persons looking for information on planned giving to MCBC utilizing the services of Mennonite Foundation of Canada [MFC]. This person will have good communication skills and an ability to engage with people of diverse ages and backgrounds in individual and group settings. A vehicle for driving to consultations is required. This is a volunteer position with flexible hours. Please contact Janette Thiessen at the MCBC Abbotsford office [604-850-6658 or email@example.com] if you are interested in further conversation about this opportunity.