Pastoral Staff Roles
Full Time Co-Pastor
First United Mennonite Church (FUMC) | Vancouver
Are you excited to help a church revision and deeply consider what it means to be Christ’s example of peace?
Do you have a heart for welcoming people of diverse backgrounds into community?
First United Mennonite Church (FUMC), located in South East Vancouver, is looking for a co-pastor to engage and serve their culturally diverse urban neighbourhood.
We hold to the Anabaptist theology, are members of Mennonite Church BC and Mennonite Church Canada, and are looking for a pastor to join our team as we continue to develop our relationships with Christ, each other and the community.
Ideal candidates would have the following:
- Capacity to relate to various age groups and cultures
- Experience working in a church setting – in the areas of preaching and worship, pastoral care, nurturing gifts within the laity
- Commitment to Anabaptist theology and practice.
- Post-secondary religious education
We are looking for someone who is outgoing and can relate to a variety of people. Someone who has a missional outlook and a servant’s heart. We are willing to look outside the box in the way that we do church, as long as it includes following Jesus and his teachings.
Please submit letters of interest and résumés to Liz, Pastor Search Committee Member, via email (email@example.com) by July 28, 2017.
Summer Worship Intern
Peace Mennonite Church (PMC), Richmond
Part-time 10-15 hrs/week (June-August 2017) | Applications Close on April 30, 2017
The focus of this internship role is to help coordinate and lead the worship life of our church community through summer months.
• Plan worship services with the pastoral staff and worship team volunteers
• Lead worship regularly together with the worship teams
• Develop the volunteer schedule for musicians and singers and coordinate schedules and rehearsals
Personal faith attributes and gifting
• Fully devoted to Jesus Christ and his church
• Committed to facilitate devotion through corporate worship
• Enjoys service leading and music direction
• Ability to blend contemporary and traditional worship styles
• A good planner and organizer
• A team player with a positive attitude
• Able to work well with all kinds of people
If you are interested, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2017. Also, visit our website at www.peacemennonite.ca to find out more about Peace Mennonite Church.
Richmond Peace Chinese Mennonite Church (RPCMC), Richmond
Full-time or Part-time | Starting asap
The Richmond Peace Chinese Mennonite Church is seeking a Pastor to serve our cantonese-speaking congregation and succeed our departing Senior Pastor. Selected candidates will work along side our church board to set the vision for our church and perform day to day ministerial duties including preaching, visitations, Sunday School amongst others.
Qualifications include a BA (Masters preferred) in Theology with at least three years of direct experience in pastoral ministry. Fluency in Cantonese and English is required.
Those interested in this position should email: email@example.com
Legacy Giving Coordinator
Mennonite Church British Columbia
Volunteer Position | Flexible Hours
Mennonite Church British Columbia [MCBC] is looking for a committed, self-motivated individual interested in connecting with persons looking for information on planned giving to MCBC utilizing the services of Mennonite Foundation of Canada [MFC]. This person will have good communication skills and an ability to engage with people of diverse ages and backgrounds in individual and group settings. A vehicle for driving to consultations is required. This is a volunteer position with flexible hours. Please contact Janette Thiessen at the MCBC Abbotsford office [604-850-6658 or firstname.lastname@example.org] if you are interested in further conversation about this opportunity.