MCBC Women’s Retreat – Courage to boldly go
Please pay in full by clicking the “Donate” button below:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are paying online, please make sure to specify that you are registering for the Women’s Retreat 2017. The option will appear on the second page as “Please specify what this is towards” – just type in “Women’s Retreat 2017.”
Courageously Walking Together as Women of Faith. Join us for Encouragement, Fellowship + Fearless Fun!
Margo Hoffmann has been married to Randy for 22 years, and together they have been involved in Muslim ministry all this time. Margo & Randy live in Coquitlam in a large 9-bedroom home, which they call “The Shalom House.” They use their home to do a lot of hospitality amongst Middle Easterners and have numerous people living with them – often Christians from a Muslim background. Currently they have 7 Iranians living with them – some who are refugees and others who are newcomers. Living in community, although challenging at times, is a great way to disciple others as you ‘live out the Gospel’ with them. Doing hospitality is also the best way to reach out to Muslims, and they have a continual stream of visitors dropping by their home as well.
Our theme this year is ‘to boldly go…’ to be superheros of courage in our daily lives. We will also be joined by some authors of the blog “Mennonite Ladies Can Cook,” who will show us what being courageous in the kitchen looks like. Some other highlights to look forward to: a silent auction, a superhero lunch, worship lead by ‘Living Hope worship band,’ basket raffle, + so much more. Come and turn those aprons into capes! More info to come!
For Your Information
• Everyone will need to pay in full when registering
• New Saturday-only lower price of $85
• Post-secondary students are encouraged to attend, so we are again providing: WiFi, a study room, & discounts (with proof of schooling)
• Retreat or Travel Bursaries available upon request or recommendation. To obtain an application please contact Janette at firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications must be received by Oct. 1, 2017
6pm Registration begins (sign-up for workshops)
7:30pm Opening program: Intros, Announcements & Games
10am Worship & Message from Margo Hoffman
Noon Superhero lunch & Photo Booth
1:30pm ‘Mennonite Ladies Can Cook’ workshop
3:30pm Afternoon Snack & Free Time
5:30pm Group Photo & Dinner
7:30 Evening Workshop
9pm Campfire (Weather dependent) or Movie
10:am Worship & Message from Margo Hoffman
1pm Home Time
‘Aprons are just capes worn backwards’. God calls us to be courageous and ‘lights unto the world’. We are exploring what it looks like to be ‘superheros’ in our lives to the people around us. Please bring an apron to wear as a cape for our group picture.
The committee is busily collecting items for this year’s silent auction, which consists of sought after items and experiences. If you are interested in contributing to our auction, please get in touch with Leanne Kropp. Money raised will support next year’s retreat bursary.
Once again we will be putting on a basket raffle to help support the Mennonite Women Canada Spiritual Assistance Fund that provides financial aid to women who are taking post-secondary education to further their ministry.
Bring your gently used-books to our book swap. The books will be sold at a small cost & will help towards a bursary.
Early Registration + New Attendee Door Prize
There will be a door-prize draw for people who have registered before September 15th & for new attendees!
• Appropriate clothes for the weather & chosen activities
• Toiletries & towels
• Bedding & pillow
• Bible & notebook
• Personal free time favourites (games, books, crafts, camera)
• An apron to wear for this year’s group photo
• Money for basket raffle and silent auction (optional)
• Gently used books that you are willing to put onto our book swap table (monetary donations accepted)
• ‘Pennie and Prayer’ donations for MCBC (optional)
Women’s Retreat 2017
Courage to boldly go
Philippians 4:13 NKJV
October 13-15, 2017
- Click here, to download the 2017 retreat info sheets.
- Click here, to download the 2017 retreat registration sheet.
Scroll below for more information.